20th March 2020
Today, we have closed our doors to the majority of children. We have been asked to provide childcare for vulnerable children (including those with EHCPs) and for those whose parents are identified as 'key workers'. Please see guidance below around who this affects:
Whilst you and your children are at home, it is advised that you follow the guidance on social distancing:
Social distancing measures are steps you can take to reduce the social interaction between people. This will help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport, varying your travel times to avoid rush hour, when possible
- Avoid large gatherings, and gatherings in smaller public spaces such as pubs, cinemas, restaurants, theatres, bars, clubs
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
Your children should be trying to follow these measures whilst in your care.
Earlier this week, the government introduced new guidance for households. If you or anyone in your household is displaying these symptoms:
- a fever/high temperature (37.8 degrees and above)
- a new, persistent cough
then all members of the household should self-isolate for 14 days.
We do appreciate that this is a difficult time for all families. There is regularly updated advice and guidance available from 111, including a symptom checkerhttps://111.nhs.uk/service/COVID-19/The NHS website also has updated advice on ways to ensure that you are taking all necessary precautions and how to manage self-isolation https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/